Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why My Backyard Lawn is 3 1/2' Thick

Is your backyard perfectly manicured? Nice short and trimmed? Mine isn't, I keep the lawn at about 3 to 3 1/2 inches, similar to the rough around most greens.  Most of us if we miss the green aren't on a perfectly maintained section of fairway, we are in the rough, fighting to make a swing that doesn't exist on the driving range.

Let your grass grow and get some real practice in the backyard. Oh yeah, the grand kids like it long too.
I am a middle-aged golfer that loves the game. I take lessons, practice, practice, travel to far away places and play whenever possible. Follow me as my friends and I golf in Colorado and other locales throughout the year. Read about hints and tips from our favorite PGA and LPGA pros at our home course, Indian Peaks in Lafayette, Co. and others around the state and country.

Search This Blog